Monday, January 26, 2009

ummm...the goat did it

I don't know what it's like in Nigeria, but I may want to move there and live out my dream of being an international diamond thief. Does that sound strange? It gets stranger.

Police in Nigeria arrested a goat for armed robbery. The police were chasing two men who were trying to steal a car when one of them got away and the other one turned into a goat. To me, that just sounds like an excuse by the police because they lost both guys.

Doesn't that seem like an easy way to get out of practically any crime? I could steal millions in diamonds and just blame it on an animal, couldn't I?

Cop: We have video of you robbing the jewelry store.

Me: I swear I was at home.

Cop: Then please explain how we caught you on tape.

Me: I think you should look at the elephant that hangs out behind the store. He is evil. I bet he transformed himself to look like me.

Cop: Why would he do that?

Me: Because I accidentally bumped into him one day and he has never forgiven me.

Cop: That sounds logical. By the way, that is a very nice diamond necklace. It goes great with the silver bracelets you wear.

Me: Thank you! That is such a wonderful compliment! Can I go now?

Cop: Oh sure. We'll go question that elephant.

Me: Thank you officer.

Soon, the jail will become a zoo full of gazelles, pangolins, and hyraxes. I shouldn't blame any hyraxes, though, because they are kinda cute. Oh well. Wrong place...wrong time, Mr. Hyrax.

I'm off to study my Nigerian fauna.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: