Monday, January 12, 2009

114 to 1 odds

So, I don't talk politics too often around here, but this was pretty funny to me. I'm sure you've heard about Rod Blagojevich and the scandal around him selling his Senate seat.

You might think he's an entrepreneur, but it turns out that selling his Senate seat might be a little on the illegal side. The folks in Illinois were not happy with that so they decided to serve him up a piece of impeachment pie. It's actually pretty tasty if you like peaches. I don't think Rod likes peaches, because he wasn't very happy about it.

The funny thing is that the vote was 114-1. Only ONE person voted for him to stay. Did one person fall asleep when they were talking about voting and woke up just in time to vote? Was Cindy Lou Who in the back thinking that Rod had some redeeming values and wanted to give him a second shot?

Cindy: Why are selling your senate seat? Is that a Who thing to do?

Rod: My dear little Cindy, if I sell that seat, I'll be richer than a Giblox and Farnix times two!

Cindy: That almost sounds wrong and sneaky Blagojevich.

Rod: Oh, dear Cindy, don't be such a-

WOAH!!!!! Let's keep it clean, Rod!

Well, even though Rod called her that, all the Who's in Whoville still invited Rod over to their impeachment dinner and he got to carve the roast beast.

It was heartwarming.

I'm off to find a Giblox.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: