Thursday, January 22, 2009

25 things part four

We're finally at the top ten things that you may or may not know about me. Thank goodness! I'm really not that exciting and finding things to write about here has been a struggle. Let's see if I can make up five more things today. Of course, they are absolutely true...but maybe fake just to fill space.

10. I have mentioned in the past my love for afternoon cartoons that they don't have anymore. The Disney afternoon had a show called "Bonkers" with a really fast theme song. I once entered a contest where you had to write down the lyrics and send them in. I think the winner was drawn into an episode or something. I did not win. I think I had all the lyrics, though. I taped an episode and watched the theme song over and over again until the vhs tape broke.

9. I had "The Clapper" that you see on TV. You know, clap on, clap off. It works...almost too well. I had it plugged into my lights but unfortunately I played guitar. Strumming on the guitar would be heard as a "clap" and whenever I played, the lights would go on and off. It's was kinda like my own rock show with lighting. It was also kinda like annoying.

8. I've been to Italy! I took Latin in high school and we got to check out all the ancient Roman stuff during a trip to Italy during my junior year. I don't remember much except my friend buying a pocket watch from a guy who didn't know any English. I do remember that taking a long time.

7. In college, I overdosed on zinc. I was taking zinc and vitamin c because I saw that they were supposed to help prevent colds. What they don't tell you is that having too much zinc has some horrible side effects. Let's just say that it was a bad couple of days of stomach problems. I went to the hospital in the middle of the night and the doctors tested me. You do NOT want to hear about the tests...trust me. Just make sure you don't get TOO much zinc. It is NOT zinc-tastic. OR amay-zinc! Ha! That one's funnier.

6. I wanted to take kickboxing after seeing parts of "Kickboxer" starring Jean-Claude Van Damme. I say starring, but does any movie actually "star" Jean-Claude? I probably shouldn't say that to his face...or his foot. I never got to box anybody with my feet. Instead, I took Kung Fu for a few years. I got pretty good at it, too. Then I went to college and overdosed on zinc. It was all downhill from there.

Can you believe it!? Only one more day to go and I can't think of a darn thing to write about tomorrow!

I'm off to clap on...and then maybe clap off.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: