Monday, January 19, 2009

25 things part one

Sometimes when I'm checking my email, I'll find out that I was tagged in a note on facebook. When that happens, I'm supposed to respond and tag other people. I'm not very good at doing that.

One thing that I've seen pop up a few times recently is the "Things You Don't Know About Me" list. I think I got hit for one that was 25 things and another that was 20 things.

Since I don't have much to talk about, I decided to do a weeklong special revealing 5 of those things each day. Of course, if something more exciting comes along, then I'll just postpone the 5 for that day. Or, possibly, if I get so bored remembering things in my life, I may just end it at 17. Who knows! That's part of the drama! That's part of the edge-of-your-seat action! That's part of the...something worth exclamating!

So, here starts the 25 things you may or may not know about me:

25. I didn't use the potty until I absolutely had to. I don't remember my exact age, but it was later than most. I was pretty lazy as a toddler. Finally, we were having some work done on my house or something and my mom said it would be a pain for her to change diapers and the next day I used the toilet. I guess I knew how, but didn't want to until it was necessary. Go me.

24. Once I learned how to do those "Magic Eye" posters, I was obsessed with them. I even had one of dolphins in my room. It looked like they were going to swim across my wall! It was astounding!

23. I used to pick blueberries. We had a blueberry bush in our yard and I would pick them. I don't think I ate them, though. Since they weren't candy, I avoided them. The bush was also second base when we played baseball in the yard. I was so bad at baseball that I usually only made it to the corner of the garden (first base) before getting tagged out or getting too tired to play.

22. I was afraid of the dark and always had a night light. I wasn't afraid of monsters or anything, but if I woke up in the middle of the night, I didn't want to step on a comic book or something. Ok...so maybe I was a little afraid of monsters.

21. I can change a mean tire. I can't do much when it comes to cars, but I’ve had so many flats that I got really good at changing them. I've actually had friends call me to change their tires when they get a flat...that's how good I am. Oh yeah...take that flat tire. I should be one of those tire changers in Nascar.

Well that's 5 for today and I'm already bored! I bet you can't wait for the rest of the list. I know I can't!

I'm off to change a tire.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: