Friday, January 2, 2009

i'm not the outdoors type

I was reading the paper today and found an interesting article about kids who like to camp in the winter. I have decided that these kids are not humans but in fact a race of aliens from the ice planet Hoth.

Apparently some people like to see their breath freeze as they are going to sleep at night. Why would somebody like that? Correct! Because they are tauntauns in human form!

I can't imagine myself filling up a ditty bag with a Guppie multi-tool and asking folks to join me in my Tundra Dome tent.

I actually have no idea what that means. I looked up words and products that have to do with camping and found those. I don't even know if I COULD do those things.

So, do you like to camp in the winter? Really? Hmmm...I don't know what to tell you. I could say you were insane for enjoying it, but that would be mean. I suppose you would have to like camping in the summer to even consider camping in the winter. I wouldn't camp any time of year. I would be hesitant to even go to a cabin in the woods. You never know what could be out there. Bears, chupacabras, hippies...all sorts of scary things!

Also, there is no TV. What if I miss an episode of Nature? I mean, they might go to a beautiful jungle with cool birds and elephants. It's not like I can see that sort of thing going camping!

I'll stick to making tents out of the couch and blankets. It's not cold in there. And I can have milk and cookies whenever I want.

I'm off to build a quinzhee.

Enjoy!

-DJ

1 comment:

Laura said...

You should try camping in a yurt this summer. One step up from a tent.

~Laura