Tuesday, March 10, 2009

the greatest prize

The lottery here in America isn't bad. A lot of people win money. I won a dollar the other day. I felt pretty awesome. Of course, one dollar isn't as cool as winning an island.

Yeh Chien-wei is a 4-year-old boy who won the lottery in Taipei last week. He won the use of an uninhabited island for five trips over five months.

You know what that means? Kool-Aid beach party at Yeh's place!

I could totally see this as a movie premise. Yeh and his family go to the island only to find out it is haunted by dinosaur ghosts. Yeh becomes friends with a ghost T-Rex named Teddy, who will look cute and friendly so it's more marketable. Yeh visits the island for years and grows up with Teddy and all his other dinosaur friends. Until one day, Yeh is all grown up and life gets in the way of him visiting the island. When he finally returns, he can't find Teddy. And we're left to wonder if they were ever real at all. Ooooooh.

I think they were. Of course, I'm pretty much a fan of anything with dinosaurs and want them to still exist. Or robots. I like them too.

Hopefully this will be made into a movie. Starring me, so I can get paid for my idea.

Oh, and I think I'll call it, "Dinosaur Island!"

My next movie idea involves robot ghosts. On a fjord. I'll call it "Ghost Fjord!"

Sometimes I amaze myself.

This is not one of those times.

I'm off to play the lottery.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: