Thursday, March 19, 2009

no more mosquitoes

Have you been hoping that scientists would figure out a way to get rid of mosquitoes? I bet you have. We're lucky to have bug zappers and fly swatters, but those don't really kill them enough.

Have you ever thought to yourself, "There has to be a better way to destroy these pesky bugs!"

Well! That way is here! WITH LASERS!

Scientists have created a mosquito laser. Without getting into too much detail, lights shine onto mosquitoes, computers target them from the shadow, then the laser shoots them. And we all know what happens when you get shot with a laser.

Poof.

I wonder if that isn't a little excessive. I mean, sure mosquitoes are annoying, but lasers? Really? Isn't that like trying to wash dishes with a fire hose and sandpaper?

"Okay! Hold that plate! When I turn on the hose...scrub!"

"Got it!"

"Here we go!"

PHWOOOOOSH

And the poor chap holding the sandpaper gets whammered into the next town. And it's a bad town full of zombie bunnies. So clearly, this is a bad idea.

There you go. Mosquito lasers. I don't know if we're safe from them, but hopefully I won't get lasered. Or whammered.

I'm off to drink from the fire hose.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: