Monday, March 16, 2009

new hips for sale!

This financial thing is causing a lot of problems. One of the big problems is job loss. Another problem is just the FEAR of job loss.

With that comes the loss or change of health benefits. So, to make sure everything is in working order, people are getting surgery done...whether they need it or not.

That's right, doctors are seeing people come in and ask for hip replacements. They don't NEED one yet, but they still want to get one. You know, just in case. I can't argue with that logic. If you had one hip for 50 years, you might as well get a new one for the next 50. It's like getting a new timing belt after 90,000 miles; you know that you'll probably need one at some point, so you might as well be safe and get it before your car breaks down.

I have decided that I would also rather be safe than sorry. I will be going in for a new knee (ha! that's fun to say "new knee"), a new hip, a couple of ribs and maybe a new elbow.

I am also hoping to get some robot parts. I don't know what's available, but maybe I could get a robot arm. Like Luke Skywalker, but my arm will change on my command. Like, I could think about changing my hand into a fork, and it will change.

I will also see if I can get retractable wings. So I can fly. And look awesome.

I'm off to check my benefits for "robotic parts."

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: