Tuesday, March 17, 2009

cake and chowder

Strange things happen to me sometimes. At least, I think they're strange.

I live in an apartment building. There are people who live around me. I call them "neighbors." I'm not really friends with any of my neighbors, but they're nice. We say "hello" in the hallway and hold the door for each other. It works out well.

Of course, when canned soup or related canned products are involved, then things start to get crazy.

I was walking to my door and my neighbor was walking to her door. We said hello and then she offered me some Manhattan clam chowder. I know she was being nice, but it's an odd offer. When's the last time somebody randomly offered you some Manhattan clam chowder?

Well that wasn't all. Since I declined the chowder, she offered me a big piece of chocolate cake. Yep. She was walking down the hall with a can of chowder and a slice of cake. On a plate.

I also declined the cake. So, maybe you've been offered a slice of cake. MAYBE you've been offered a can of chowder. BUT, when have you been offered both? NEVER! If you have, I would love to hear about it.

"Would you like some chowder?"

"No. But thank you."

"Hmmm...not a chowder fan, huh? Then maybe you are a CHOCOLATE CAKE FAN!"

I am actually not a chocolate cake fan. Angel food. With funfetti. Now THAT'S cake.

I know, she was just being nice and I appreciate that, but I didn't want to take them because I knew I wouldn't eat them and they would just sit there.

Maybe next time we say hello she'll have garlic breadsticks and fettucini alfredo. And funfetti.

I'm off to check for hallway food.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: