Tuesday, March 31, 2009

putting the fun in fundoshi

Ladies! The time has come for liberation! The time has come for freedom! The time has come for loincloths!

Wikipedia says that a loincloth is a male garment. I hate to use wikipedia as a reference because pretty much anybody can write on there, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't lie about this. Unfortunately, nobody has updated their loincloth page in a while because a company in Japan is making loincloths for women. To give them "freedom and release."

Loincloths, or "fundoshi" in Japanese, are the new "it" product in Japan. They come in multiple colors and designs. I don't know hot comfortable they would be if you like to wear pants, but maybe they'd be good for a skirt.

I'm pretty sure women have been upset that loincloths were strictly for men. I remember a whole chapter on it during my Women's Studies course in college. I even wrote an essay on it. It was entitled "What I Did On My Summer Vacation And Why Women Should Be Allowed To Wear Loincloths."

I got an A+++++++++++++++++++ for it. It was that good. I had pie charts and bar graphs and pictures and video and lasers and satellites and 3-D glasses. I'm surprised I'm not getting credit for creating the fundoshi since I had a conference with a Japanese company right after my report. They said they didn't like the idea. Apparently, they lied.

Or maybe none of that actually happened. I'm not sure which.

So, for $13 you can get your very own loincloth. That is 1,260 yen. If you carry yen. I do. You never know when you need to make a day trip to Japan.

I'm off to buy a loincloth.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: