Thursday, February 19, 2009

false advertising

I just read a great article about false advertising. Well, it's not completely false because that would be illegal. It's more of a misleading truth.

The greatest example in this article is a night cream that is supposed to protect you from UV radiation.

I'll give you a moment...

That's right! The sun isn't in your bedroom at night! So, unless you like to shine a UV ray onto your face while you're sleeping, UV protection isn't really needed at night!

I know some people tend to wear their sunglass at night for various reasons. Maybe to watch you weave your storylines, or maybe so they can keep track of the visions in their eyes, or maybe even to see the light. I can't make fun of you for that, but at least you're not wearing them at night to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.

I suppose it's possible that your future's so bright that you gotta wear night cream with UV protection. If the source of that brightness is, in fact, from the sun. I don't know.

Oh, I gotta go. My pals Corey and Timbuk the Third are waiting for me.

I'm off to study nuclear science.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: