Tuesday, February 17, 2009

cotton candy saves lives

Did you hear about this amazing new research that is saving lives? These scientists have used cotton candy to help grow replacement tissue for people. It's true! Cotton candy!

I'll try to explain this as easily as possible. You take cotton candy. Eat some. Then, take the rest of it and pour a thick liquid over it. Let that harden. Then, when you dissolve the cotton candy, you have a block with a bunch of tiny channels. Like blood vessels! This eventually grows into real tissue and into a giant cotton candy person!

It's amazing what people are doing with science these days. If I knew that candy would be used to build new livers, I would have probably gone into the candy/organ replacement field.

I kinda do some of that research already. I've been studying how many gummy worms it will take to make a new small intestine. I've eaten a lot so far. I'll let you know when I've eaten enough. I think I have a lot of research left to do.

I need some gummy worms over here! STAT!

I'm off to eat some cotton candy for research.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: