Wednesday, January 6, 2010

you got wing chun in my musical!

If you didn't know, "wing chun" is a form of martial arts. It's what got Bruce Lee interested in martial arts in the first place.

And now, they are making a musical about Bruce Lee! FINALLY!

I've been saying for years that every good musical needs a kung fu fight scene. It took the artistic world long enough to catch up with my vision.

I believe they're already working on a few songs.

Everybody Wing Chun Tonight

Jeet Kune Don't Go Breakin My Heart

and Go Your Own Way Of The Fist

Okay, so those were lame jokes, but you gotta admit, martial arts musicals are going to rock.

Music Man could become Music Man of the Dragon.

Oklahoma! could be Oklahoma: The Way of the Fist.

And Wicked would be Wicked Awesome. Just because it would have wicked awesome fight scenes. And wicked awesome songs about fighting.

For those of you who thought theatre was dead, you just got a wake up call in the form of a crane kick to the head. And a leopard punch to the gut.

I'm off to work on my kung fu.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: