Tuesday, September 22, 2009

rock your socks

Hold onto your socks, kids! This news could quite possibly rock them completely off! Even if you have some of those tube socks that go all the way up to the knee. Fully. Knocked. Off.

And if you're wearing ankle socks, then I wouldn't even bother looking for them. They'll be out of orbit. We'll find them on Mars in about 300 years.

Are you ready for the news?!

I bought socks.

Okay, so I was being a little dramatic, but I was going for a whole sock theme. I really wanted to talk about socks because the socks I bought came in a re-sealable bag. Like a ziploc freezer bag. Except for socks. Which I wouldn't regularly put in the freezer to keep fresh.

Maybe you do. I can't imagine the NEED for a ziploc top for my socks. I suppose it would keep them from being knocked off, but only if properly stored and zip-locked.

What the heck is that zip thing really called, anyway? It's not really a zipper. It's definitely not velcro. It's a thin strip of plastic being pushed into another piece of plastic.

Hold on...I gotta look this up...

Okay, I can't find anything except interlocking curvilinear grooves, but that sounds more like a bunch of mathematicians breakdancing.

Which actually sounds pretty entertaining.

I'm off to put on some new socks.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: