Wednesday, August 5, 2009

cracker jack

Does anybody eat Cracker Jacks anymore? They seem like such an old snack. I can picture kids in 1956 eating them, but they don't have the same pizzazz as today's snacks.

Kids in 1956 might have also said pizzazz when referring to their Cracker Jacks. Today, kids might say their candy is da bomb.

I liked how the old box was a present. They wrapped a plain box in their packaging and you could unwrap it and find a gift of...CRACKER JACKS!

Did you ever get anything cool in a Cracker Jack box? I didn't. I'm pretty sure I got the same prize every time. It was a small, square piece of orange plastic with a convex circle on it. So I could magnify things. And make them appear orange.

It was lame. Like, really, really lame. Maybe kids loved it in 1956 when everything was in black and white, but I needed more stimulation than that.

So, I liked collecting glittery stickers. Because I was cool.

I'm off to add some pizzazz to my life.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: