Wednesday, February 9, 2011

dig that hole like dig dug

Tokyo has a hole digging competition. You have 30 minutes to dig a hole. Deepest hole wins the GOLDEN SHOVEL!

Not only that, but you can win for the most creative hole, too!

How do you make a "creative" hole? Do it like Dig Dug! That's right! If you can destroy some Pookas and Fygars, then I bet you would win that prize!

Granted, that joke is ONLY funny to people who know everything about the video game Dig Dug, but trust me, it's funny.

I used to dig holes thinking I could get to the center of the Earth. Now I know that's impossible because of the Earth's rotation. It keeps changing your direction, so it's impossible to get there unless you have very high-tech equipment calibrated to the spin and orbit of the earth and a few other planets.

Gravity gets all messed up the deeper you go down.

Dig Dug told me that.

Also, it's dangerous to dig to the center of the Earth. You might run into Pookas and Fygars. They are scary. Especially Fygar's fire.

OH! And watch out for wild boars! I thought I almost hit one last night! Turned out to be a trash can in the road, but still, coulda been a boar.

I'm off to dig a hole.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: