Friday, February 4, 2011

mona lisa or mana lisa or mony mony lisa

Could the Mona Lisa be a man?! Yes it could! That's the new theory by some guy, at least.

And what's wrong with that? Some men like to be pretty! I know I do!

They think it was Da Vinci's "associate" Gian Giacomo Caprotti. Also known as "Salai." I guess that's his nickname. It's Italian for "Big G Capriscuit." Which, when I think about it, is a pretty rad nickname.

Silvano Vinceti, the man making the claim, says that he found the letter "L" in the Mona Lisa's right eye and an "S" in the left eye. Also, there is the number 72 under the bridge in the background.

Of course, you can't see these things unless you have a high-powered microscope. So clearly, Da Vinci had a high-powered, microscopic paint brush. But, who doesn't have one of those, right? I have, like, four of them in my pocket right now.

Oh, the "L" is for "Leonardo" and the "S" is for "Salai." Clearly Da Vinci was showing his affection for Gian by putting the first letter of his nickname in one eye and the name of his favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle in the other.

That's how I show affection, too.

72 stands for...um...I have no idea. It's not in the article. Maybe that was Salai's favorite number. It's not a bad number. Not really worthy of FAVORITE, though.

You know what 72 IS good for! Quarters in my pocket! That's a lot of laundry AND gumballs!

I'm off to Mona Lisa.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: