Friday, February 11, 2011

what makes a berry a berry

Why are bananas not a berry? Is it a tree/bush thing? Are they really that different that it matters?

I ask because I'm eating some dried fruit and nuts. And it's not called "nuts and berries" because of the dried banana in it. Has anyone asked the banana if it would like to be a berry?

Is there a dragon berry? That would be cool. Especially if it was shaped like a dragon! Or a giant dinosaur berry! Like, bigger than a house! THAT would redefine the word "berry!"

WHOA! Okay! Take a second here! I just looked up berries online and it says that bananas ARE a berry! YES! They are berries!

Botanically speaking, it's a banana berry! Wow! My world just got flipped upside-down!

WHAT?! Tomatoes and pumpkins are also berries?!?! This is amazing! Did you know this?

Nice! So I can eat nuts and berries! Today is going to be a great day! A great WEEK, in fact!

Banana berries, look out! I'm a berry eatin' fool!

You should eat more berries, too! Like a banana and tomato sandwich! A BERRY SANDWICH!

Awesome.

I'm off to eat a banana berry.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: