Friday, February 18, 2011

republi-show-up vs. democra-not-gonna-do-it

I love this. In Wisconsin, there is some vote about some anti-union bill. The Republicans want to pass it, but the Democrats don't.

Unfortunately for the Democrats, there are more Republicans in the state senate.

But, there's a loophole! There has to be at least ONE Democrat present when the vote happens to make it valid! Instead of voting, they all just got on a bus to Rockville, Illinois!

Can I do that? If I don't like my chances for something, can I just NOT show up?

Boss: "We're thinking of firing you, can you give us any reason not to?"

Me: "Can I have a minute?"

Boss: "Sure."

Then I leave and don't come back! I don't get fired AND I get to visit Rockville!

What a sweet deal! Who doesn't want to go to Rockville with a bunch of Democrats playing hooky? Rebel-Democrats are wild. They tag buildings with washable chalk, take brisk walks with scissors and sometimes even wear their sunglasses at night.

Hey, don't switch the blade on the guy with shades, I'm just telling you what I heard.

I'm off to not show up.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: