Monday, November 30, 2009

bored?

I found this list of things to do when you're bored. I don't know who made this up, but it is some of the strangest stuff I have ever seen.

And I think I love them.

Thing #2: Fry up some marbles and make marble jewelry. Apparently, you can't eat them. My dentist told me that, so I know it's true. BUT! You can fry them and crack them to make jewelry. It does not work as well with chicken. Because the jewelry is too tasty. And it doesn't work well with rubber. Because frying them is very smelly.

Thing #4: Adopt a word. I guess this means you adopt a word. I don't know if there is paperwork to sign or if you're allowed to adopt words from Malawi, but I can't see why not. This is good for those holiday parties coming up. You can impress your friends with your newly adopted word.

Friend: "How are things?"

You: "Great! I just finished all the paperwork for the adoption process!"

Friend: "Wow! I didn't know you were adopting!"

You: "Yep. I just adopted defenestrate. I figured that nobody was really caring for that word. I mean, it's not like you hear it every day. So, I wanted to give it some love and attention."

Friend: "Ooooookay."

You: "DEFENESTRATE!"

Maybe you could adopt a third world word for somebody as a gift. For only a dollar a day, I will use that word. All the money will go to me so your word will get the care it needs.

And rice. I think words like rice.

I'm off to adopt a word.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: