Thursday, November 12, 2009

built for two

I was in my automobile and I saw some folks riding a bicycle. Multiple people riding one bicycle. It was a bicycle built for two.

Now, that's all fine and dandy if you're old and want to ride through a park on a sunny day with pretty piano music playing, but to make that your main form of transportation? Is that normal?

Granted, I don't know if it was their ONLY form of transportation, but it sure looked like it. The couple, in their 40's maybe, was riding the bike with some grocery bags. I guess it allows the two of them to still shop together, which is sweet, but still...who decides that a bicycle built for two is a better idea than a car?!

I guess it's a better choice than a bicycle built for one. Then one of them would have to ride on the handle bars, and that's not very comfortable on long trips. It wasn't so bad when I was 10, but my behind isn't as resilient as it used to be. Not as resilient, but still fantastic.

I'm off to ride on the handle bars. (Or, for you Messiah fans, Handel bars. HA! I just thought of that joke.)

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: