Monday, November 23, 2009

dynamite

Would you want dynamite stored near your house? The people in Westfield don't. The latest Westfield scandal is that the town wants to store dynamite on the border of a residential area.

Adults do not want dynamite near their homes because they think it's dangerous.

And it probably is. BUT, when you were a kid, how much would you have loved to have dynamite stored near your house!

Would I have snuck into this place to steal dynamite? Probably not. But I have friends who would have done it for me.

Would I have blown up a tree or something? Absolutely.

Would it have been stupid and dangerous? Oh yeah.

Would it have been worth the trip to the emergency room? Totally.

Oh, and in case you're worried about this facility blowing up, the dynamite explodes vertically. Seriously. That's what they said to make us feel better about it being there. I guess standing next to it will prevent any major harm.

I'm off to see what happens when you blow up a pile of leaves. Vertically.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: