Monday, November 16, 2009

bwhd

I was lucky enough to have a TV in my room when I was a kid. It was great. It was pretty small. 12-inches maybe. It had a small speaker under two channel-knobs. I don't know what they're called, but one knob was VHF and the other was UHF.

This amazing TV gave me cartoons and sitcoms and spanish movies in the full spectrum of black and white. That's right, black and white.

Now, that was a long time ago, so it's time to move on, isn't it? Not to some folks in England, I guess. 30,000 people in the UK still use a black and white television! 30,000! That's a lot of people!

Color TV was invented 50 years ago! I know there are some stubborn people out there who won't get a cell phone or an email address, but seriously...holding onto your black and white television is BEYOND stubborn.

Unless they are color blind. Then I'm sorry.

If they are NOT color blind...then it's time to make the change to color! Look around your TV. What do you see? Red curtains? Maybe a blue rug? Yellow knick-knacks? Well, you have all the makings of a color TV set!

Of course those folks will never read this because they don't have a computer. Granted, nobody reads this, but them even less so because they still believe computers are powered by Uranium. Heck, they might not even know that Uranus has been discovered. If the Earth isn't the center of the universe, then they don't want to hear about it.

I'm off to watch TV in magical colors.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: