Thursday, November 5, 2009

i'm so pretty

What luck! I can plug my latest play AND do a regular blog because it's all related!

I've been doing local theatre for a few years now and learned how to do my own makeup. Nothing fancy, just some foundation and powder.

Well, I needed more foundation and decided to shop for it. Alone. It took longer than I thought.

I have no idea what skin tone I am. I grabbed a few, went to a mirror and held them up next to my face. I still couldn't tell. So, not only did I look odd staring at the foundation section, but then I'm trying to match my color. In the store.

I took the two colors that looked most like my hands and brought them up to the counter to ask the lady which one matched my skin.

She told me. AFTER I explained that I wear makeup because I'm in a play.

I really don't think she believed me.

I then left proudly with my cosmetic wedges and my creamy beige foundation. Never to return again.

Now, to plug the show, and show off my makeup skills. It's in Enfield for the next three weekends. It's called "The Curious Savage" and you can get info and tickets at valleyrep.com. We'd love to see you there!

I'm off to put my face on.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: