Friday, June 19, 2009

vacation 2009 part 5: that beautiful hair

In continuation of yesterday's blog with the flight delay, we missed our connecting flight in Charlotte. The airline did give us a voucher to stay at a hotel, which was nice. Unfortunately, they don't give you your luggage back. Luckily I had some clothes in my carry-on. Nothing else, though.

We then had to get a shuttle to the hotel. Now here's a lesson to all you airport shuttle drivers: don't talk about airplane tragedies with your passengers who had a delayed flight from Aruba. Our driver, who was very friendly, asked what happened and we told him about the delay. He then started talking about the French plane that went down. In a very friendly way.

Then he started talking about the plane that landed in the Hudson. In a very friendly way.

Finally, he started talking about Natalie Holloway. Of course, in a very friendly way.

After the horror stories, we got to the hotel and the nice man at the counter gave us tiny toothbrushes and packets of toothpaste so we could brush our teeth. My toothbrush was in my luggage. Which was being held hostage.

The next day, I was on my way home to Boston! Yay! To make the day even better, I saw a man with the most beautiful head of hair. Think "Uncle Jesse" from Full House, except fluffier and blonde. It was glorious. He was a pilot on another plane. I wanted to ask him if I could touch it, but I got scared. Just seeing it was enough, though.

And that is my trip. Beautiful hair and all.

I'm off to fluff my hair.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: