Tuesday, June 16, 2009

vacation 2009 part 2: red flavor

The people in Aruba are very trusting. I know this because they let me drive there. They have these jeep tours over the desert and rocky areas and they let YOU drive the jeep. One guy leads in his jeep and the other jeeps follow him, with the tourists as the drivers.

Does this seem like a bad idea to anybody else? They didn't even check if I had a license. And who's to say my USA license is valid in Aruba? Aruba is NOT a territory of the USA and I'm barely allowed to drive here. I can't legally drive in twenty states...and half of Iowa for an incident involving pancake mix and a tree.

Other than blind trust, the driving was really fun! It was bumpy and dusty and windy and really cool. You should do it. Part of my jeep fell off, but we fixed it, so I'm sure you can handle it.

I also found out that there is a lot of soda sold in Aruba that you can't get here. Like Big Red Fanta. I asked the lady at the counter what flavor Big Red is and she could not answer me. Liking the color red, I decided to try it. It is, in fact, red flavored. You may not think red is a flavor, but it turns out that it is. And adding big flavor to red flavor?! Amazing! I hope you can find it sometime.

I also enjoyed cherry, banana and pineapple soda. Also good. It's like carbonated fruit. That actually sounds really yummy. Can science do that yet? If not, I'm going to work on it.

I'm off to plant a carbonated apple tree.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: