Monday, June 15, 2009

vacation part 1: back

So, I'm back from vacation. And, as is tradition, I will blog about it so I don't have to actually look for news stories to talk about. Because I'm lazy.

It was Aruba this year. The bad thing about Aruba is that it's always sunny. I tried to stay away from the sun as much as possible, but it kept following me. It was like a hot stalker. And not hot in a good way.

I tried to go underwater so the sun couldn't find me, but there is only so much air in a submarine. I did find out that the color red doesn't make it too far underwater and your lips turn grey. It's pretty cool. And you look dead, so for all you Twilight fans, get in a submarine and you'll look like a vampire too!

I also got a dive certificate that tells me that I am an OFFICIAL "Atlantis Submariner"! It is signed by the Manager of Submarine Operations. That means it's official. I'm going to ask the Navy to borrow one of their subs this weekend. I'm clearly qualified to operate an underwater vehicle. I have a certificate. With my name on it. I had to write my name in, but it still counts.

I'll keep it short today because I still have about 3 days worth of work to catch up on, but I will leave you with one more tidbit of information.

Popular songs like Bailamos sound great on steel drums. I was hoping for a little steel drum Journey, but sadly, steel drums don't have Steve Perry's vocal range.

I'm off to the Navy for my sub.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: