Thursday, June 18, 2009

vacation 2009 part 4: horses

I'm almost done with these vacation stories, so if you're bored of them, it's almost over. The action really starts to pick up here, though!

On the last day, we got to the airport and found out our flight was delayed a few hours. That caused us to miss our connecting flight in Charlotte. I'll get to that later, though. First, I had to go through customs. Where they were adamant that I rode a horse.

TSA: "Did you ride a horse at all?

Me: "No."

TSA: "Do you have anything to declare?"

Me: "I declare that I am awesome."

TSA: "Okay. And did your awesomeness ride a horse?"

Me: "Uh...no."

TSA: "No food or anything?"

Me: "Nope."

TSA: "Finally, are you going to the USA and did you ride a horse?"

Me: "I am going to the USA and I did not ride a horse."

TSA: "You're free to go. Perhaps you will ride a horse to the gate?"

Me: "I will walk to the gate."

TSA: "Have a great horse-riding day!"

Me: "I don't ride horses!"

After riding a horse to my gate, I decided to do a little shopping at the Duty Free stores. They must have known I was coming because they had a HUGE cheese wheel for my plane trip. What can I say? I get hungry when I'm flying!

I can't imagine somebody buying a giant chunk of cheese for a flight home. It was the size of my head. They also had smoked meat. Can you imagine being on a 4-hour flight and somebody whips out a cheese wheel and meat?

At least they give you enough to share with everybody on the plane.

Be here tomorrow for the hair episode. It's a good one.

I'm off to ride my horse into the sunset and hanker for a hunk of cheese.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: