Monday, June 29, 2009

weather or not

It's always fun to talk about the weather. It's even more fun when the weather has gone completely crazy. Around here, the forecast has been cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. It hasn't changed in weeks. The strange thing is that the sun has come out. Many times. On "cloudy" days. Not a cloud in the sky.

So what's the deal? Are the clouds saying they are coming out the play and they abandon the sun? That's not cool.

Sun to Clouds: Hey! You comin out to play today?

Clouds: Sure we are!

Sun: Sweet! I'll see you later! We'll have a blast!

Cloud 1 to Cloud 2: Let's ditch Sun.

Cloud 2: Yeah. Sun is lame. Sun thinks it's soooo hot. I'm done with Sun.

(8 hours later....)

Sun: I guess the Clouds didn't want to come and play. Fine! See if I care! I'm just going to set and never come out again! See if you like that! I hate you!

The sun can be pretty dramatic at times. Still, those clouds better watch out. I've seen the sun wield two scoops of raisins before. I was hit by two scoops of raisins once. I still have the bruises. And my fibula has never been the same. So, don't make fun of the sun. Just have fun in the sun.

I'm off to check the weather.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: