Thursday, September 30, 2010

of poets and pirates

The other day I was talking about high schools having tough names for their sports teams. The Lilac Lassies turned out to be fairies. Well, tough representatives of fairies, at least.

Luckily, I found some more fun high school team names to tell you about!

Johnson High School has the Atom Smashers! How cool is that? Do you know how hard it is to smash an atom? It's hard. I tried to do it with a hammer the other day, but it wouldn't smash. So I ate a pistachio instead.

Williamsport, Pennsylvania has the Millionaires. While they might not SOUND scary, they can hire people to scare you. With all their monies. Or they could convert their millions into quarter rolls and throw those at you. Those things hurt like the dickens.

What is the "dickens," anyway? Should a team be called The Dickens?

While not "The Dickens," Sidney Lanier High is also literary. They are THE POETS! That's write! The Poets! They'll quill you into submission! The pen is mightier than the sword. When it's a laser-pen! Or a poison-tipped pen-sword!

I hear their cheerleaders write great cheers, but only English Majors get the insults to the other team.

I'm off to brush up on my Frost insults.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: