Tuesday, September 7, 2010

pistachio

Have you ever had a pistachio? They're pretty good. I bought a bag for the first time the other day. I don't remember ever having them before. They may have popped up in some pie or cake or ketchup I ate, but I never specifically bought solo pistachios.

Why is it so popular to buy them STILL in the shell?! I don't get it. The only other nut that seems to come shelled is the peanut. And I don't think the peanut is really a nut. It's more of a legume where the pistachio is the "seed of a thin-shelled drupe."

I put that in quotes because I had to steal the info from the online world.

Do people like wasting valuable eating time opening the pistachio? Wouldn't you rather just eat it? Why do all that work?

I don't know why people would do that. I DO know that pistachios are good.

I also now know that the horse-chestnut is an "inedible capsule."

The things you can learn in life!

I think I will buy more pistachios. Even if they come in shells. Some guy once did a study saying that the shell was good because it made you eat fewer pistachios since you had to work so hard at it.

He never watched me eat before. The bag said 20 servings. I did it in 3.

I also I like cashews a lot.

I'm off to buy more nuts.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: