Tuesday, May 18, 2010

more studies

At first I thought people just created studies to make headlines. I forgot about the people who like to laugh at babies.

Scientists wanted to see if babies could learn in their sleep. To do this, they would play a tone and then blow a puff of air on their faces. The babies replied with a scrunched-up face. Mostly because some jerk was shooting them with an air gun.

Then, they started playing the tone without the puff of air. Wouldn't you know it, the babies still scrunched their faces. Probably because they were afraid some jerk was going to shoot them with an air gun.

They did this to study developmental disorders. I think I know one. When these babies grow up, they'll hear this tone and scrunch their face! And everybody will make fun of them!

Not cool, scientists. Sure, it's fun to make fun babies, but you don't want to scar them for life. At least wait until puberty for the real mental torture.

That's how it was for me. It's just nature's way.

I'm off to therapy.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: