Tuesday, May 11, 2010

more mother's day

Just when I thought I knew EVERYTHING about Mother's Day, Peru throws me a curve ball. Or an uppercut.

In Peru, Mom's celebrated their day by boxing. Yep, ten moms put on the gloves and got into the ring.

That's pretty awesome. As a kid, don't you wish you saw your mom do some more boxing? I know I did, but my mom retired her gloves after I was born. Yep. It's a good thing she wasn't in Peru. She would have schooled them all.

My mom trained with the best: Evander Holyfield, George Foreman, Bruce Lee, Iron Fist, and even Batman. So, you know, she's pretty tough.

My mom can also fly. But she doesn't fly when she's boxing. She's not a cheater.

Can your mom box? That would be cool if she did. Maybe my mom will come out of retirement someday.

But maybe not. She's kind of a mahjong champ these days.

I'm off to fly like a butterfly.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: