Monday, December 14, 2009

preview

What does it mean when a movie preview has been approved for "Appropriate Audiences"?

I looked up "appropriate" to find out.

"1. suitable or fitting for a particular purpose..."

and

"2. belonging to or peculiar to a person..."

So, are we a fitting audience? Or a suitable audience? Did the movie gods deem us suitable to see the preview? That was very nice of them to think we were appropriate.

What if it belongs to us? Doesn't that mean we have the rights to that preview and we can do whatever we want with it? I could record that preview and put it up all over the internet without getting into trouble. I am an appropriate audience member. Legally speaking.

If I am inappropriate, does that mean I'm not allowed to watch the preview? Has anybody inappropriate ever seen a preview?

I guess I've never been inappropriate, because I've never been banned from a preview.

My blog is approved for appropriate and inappropriate people. I accept everybody because I'm cool like that. Cooler than a movie preview.

I'm off to be inappropriate.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: