Friday, October 23, 2009

what does that mean

Dick Cheney talks a lot. Unfortunately, you can't always understand what he's saying.

Most recently, he said that Obama was dithering. Yes, the White House is dithering on Afghanistan. Now, when I say the phrase, "I'm dithering on Afghanistan," I'm pretty sure I'm thinking it means something that it doesn't really mean.

It turns out "dithering" is acting irresolutely or trembling with excitement. I don't really know what Cheney meant when he said "dithering," but I'm pretty sure 97% of the population has never heard that word before. I know I never have. Not even in passing.

I thought he made it up. You know, like when old people say cute things about babies. "Awww...She's so cute! Look how she crawls all wiggly, tiggly, tithery, dithery-doo!"

I swear I heard some old guy say that about a baby the other day. Even though I just said I never heard the word dither before. I meant that I never heard it before the old guy the other day.

I don't really care what your opinion is on Afghanistan, but if you're going to argue for your side, please use real words.

Or not. It might be funnier if you don't. I can dither that.

I'm off to dither all by myself.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: