Monday, October 12, 2009

alfred nobel

Alfred Nobel gives out peace prizes. Well, he doesn't, but some guy named Thorbjoern (which I pronounce "Thor-burn") Jagland does in Al's honor.

I have learned two things from reading the news this weekend.

1. President Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize

2. Norwegians have really cool names. I would NOT mess with somebody named Thorbjoern Jagland.

Some people are a little upset with Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize because it is based on his dream of peace and not any actual peace happenings.

The Republican party has even joked that he won it "for awesomeness."

To which I say, "Awesomeness is no joke!"

Now, I don't really care that he got the prize. I AM upset that they do NOT have a Nobel Awesome Prize. And slightly more upset that I haven't gotten it yet.

Finally, if the Peace Prize represents the Awesome Prize, then I SHOULD have gotten it. Dermatologists everywhere agree (even though I didn't really ask them) that my awesomeness has created world peace. Take that, Thorbjoern.

I'm off to claim my Nobel.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: