Monday, October 5, 2009

river of january

Rio de Janeiro will host the 2016 Olympics. I never watch the Olympics, but maybe I will when they go to Rio.

Why? Let me, and their board of tourism, tell you!

It is home to the Copacabana. Granted, we're not talking about the same one north of Havana, BUT it's still pretty cool. Everybody loves Barry Manilow. He is, in fact, the man...ilow.

They have a cable car. Because people love...that...cable stuff.

For the millions of bossa nova fans out there, you could visit the girl from Ipanema.

And! If that's not enough for you! They have the EIGHTH largest library in the world! So, if you've already gone to the first seven, which I'm sure you have, you have to see the eighth! Sure they might have slightly fewer books than the other ones, but where else will you find a first edition Os Lusiadas by Luis de Camoes.

Not in the Library of Congress, I'll tell you that much.

So go to Rio to check out the Olympics. Grab a copy of Os Lusiadas and lay out on the Copacabana. Then watch some people run or something. It'll be a great time.

I'm off to Cidade Maravilhosa.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: