Friday, April 17, 2009

sorry, wrong number

There's nothing really weird today, I just need help.

There's a little problem with my phone number. It's the same number as some guy in Chicago and his grandmother keeps calling me. Ok, so it's not the EXACT number, but it's close. I'm 413 (Springfield) and he's 312, the three digits for Chicago. Can you see the problem?

Unfortunately, his grandmother keeps calling me. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's been fairly regular. Sometimes Grandma calls me two or three times in a row. I keep telling her that she dialed 413 when she means to dial 312.

I could pretend to be Darnell, but I don't really know what he does, so I probably couldn't answer any of Grandma's questions.

I try to be nice. It really doesn't bother me when she calls. It's not like I get a lot of phone calls, so I like the company, but I'm not sure what to do when she leaves me a message. That happened for the first time the other day.

"Darnell? It's Grandma. Call me back, okay?" (say it in an old lady voice...she sounds pretty old)

I don't know if I should call Grandma and say she dialed the wrong number or if I should call Darnell and let him know that Grandma called. I'm a little stressed out about this! What if it's an emergency! Grandma sounds frail!

Should I become friends with Darnell so we can both field calls from Grandma? Should I become friends with Grandma so I get some extra birthday presents?

I don't know what to do! I need your help!

Phew...I need to relax...

I'm off to call Darnell...or Grandma...or not...I'm so confuddled!

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: