Thursday, April 30, 2009

naming your pet

It turns out the United States is boring when it comes to pet names. You will usually see Max or Fluffy or something. Well, in Thailand, they like to go with brand names. I never actually thought about it, but I think it's a fantastic idea.

The top three pet names in Thailand are Pepsi Cola, Corolla and Motorola. They really like the "ola" sound over there.

Some other names they like are Zyrtec, Wolverine and Steam-Fresh. You might think that Wolverine would be my favorite, but it's not. I would have to go with Steam-Fresh. Heck, I wish my name was Steam-Fresh! It sounds so cool! Of course, if you don't want to call me Steam-Fresh, you are allowed to call me Wolverine.

Because Wolverine is awesome.

I don't know why we don't name our pets after companies more often. Who wouldn't want a kitty named Hormel? Perhaps a lizard named Parkay. Maybe you could name your alpaca L'Oreal.

That sounds like a very exotic alpaca. Maybe it's a french alpaca. An alpaca who has seen the world and enjoys fine cuisine. Perhaps your alpaca wears a beret. Not because of its french heritage, but because they're comfortable and functional and your well-traveled alpaca knows about quality headwear.

I might call my pet Happy Cola. I like Happy Cola. If I didn't want to go with a brand name, I would probably call my pet King Leroy the Scandinavian Reporter. You know, to make it sound tough.

I'm off to change my name to Steam-Fresh.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: