Thursday, August 21, 2008

the collector

So, yesterday I talked about my sticker collection. It wasn't really a collection, but it kinda counts. It was like a toy chest and it just had stickers all over it. I imagine there are people out there who had real collections that involved pages of stickers in a particular order.

Page 12: Rainbow Horses

Page 26: Puffy Stars

Page 33: White Unicorns

Page 47: Shimmery Dolphins

Page 75: Lemon Scratch 'n' Sniff

And so on and so forth. My sticker collection was a little less organized.

Me: OOOOH!!! I have a Transformers Sticker! (then I would put it on the chest)

That was it. Not very organized. I did also collect ALF Cards. That was a little bit more organized because they were numbered. The ALF cards were not very creative. They were just pictures from the show with random bits of information on the back about the show.

I also collected McDonald's toys. I had a LOT of those. This was back before everything they gave away HAD to tie in with a movie. I had great stuff from them that were just their own characters. I had little McNugget Men and Lunch Boxes that had the characters on it. I even had a red Ronald spoon. And about a million other toys from them.

I'm sure I collected a bunch of other things, but I spent too much time organizing ALF cards to remember it all.

Then I got older and realized that it was time to stop collecting silly toys, so I started buying comic books. They're easy to organize because they are numbered and they smell good. The smelling good part has nothing to do with organizing them, but it has everything to do with how awesome they are.

I'm sure you collected something when you were younger. I'd love to hear about it. Some people collect stamps. Some people collect coins. Some people collect children. Some people collect rocks. Some people collect hair. Whatever it may be, let me know!

I'm off to check out page 33 (with 47 a close second and 75 third...then back to 33).

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: