Wednesday, August 27, 2008

back to school

The kids are going back to school and they want stuff. New clothes and new pencils and new stuff. I remember one year that I HAD to have those pump sneakers. I don't remember who made them, but they were brilliant.

Think about it. Let's say you're a kid and you wear a size 6 shoe. But your foot is really a 5 and 3/4 size. You don't want to go a size down because that would be too small, but a 6 might feel a little loosy-goosy (loosie-goosie? loosey-goosey? I don't know). So, PUMP IT UP! How sweet is that? Fits perfectly now. Your foot is snug and you don't have to worry about your shoes floppin all over the place. If you recall, I'm not a huge fan of floppin on my feet.

You know what would be great? Other items of clothing that pump up to fit you better. I have a tough time with shirts. I'm a small and a half. It sometimes depends on the company that makes the shirt, but on average, a small is too small and a medium is too big.

So, what if I could pump up my medium shirt to fit perfectly? That would be great! I know what you're thinking...maybe I could pump up a little bit, i.e. lifting weights, so I fit into a medium a little better, but really, doesn't that sound like effort? It does. So let's not talk about that again.

I also remember really wanting a hypercolor shirt. That was the shirt that changed color with your body heat. I think I had a green one that would turn yellow when I got hot. Oddly enough, it was always yellow. (get it? I was so hot that it was always yellow.) I kinda wish they still made those shirts. They were cool.

What did you have to have before school? I'm pretty sure all the stuff I HAD to have didn't help me become popular...actually, I'm totally sure that it didn't help. Mostly because I was the opposite of popular. If there was a word to describe unpopular as even more unpopular than unpopular, that was me. No amount of hypercolor could help that. Oh well.

I'm off to pump up my shoes.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: