Tuesday, August 26, 2008

skittles

I had some skittles the other day. I really liked them. It's been a long time since I sat down with a good bag of skittles. Maybe too long. And, just like when you haven't seen a good friend for a long time, you want to hug and laugh and enjoy your time together.

That is what I did with my skittles. I also ate my skittles. I don't eat my friends. I'm not a people-eating monster. Unless it is when I squish my skittles into a people-shape. Then I will PRETEND I am a people-eating monster. Only for pretend, though. Don't worry.

There is a phone number on the back of the skittles bag for comments. Actually, there is a number like that on most everything. I wanted to call the skittle number that day. Just to tell them that I really enjoyed my skittles. Then, I would like to call them everyday and tell them again and again that I love skittles.

Me: Hello.

Skittles: Hello.

Me: I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed my skittles today.

Skittles: Well thanks!

Me: Ok. Bye!

Skittles: Bye!

(Day 2)

Me: Hi again.

Skittles: Hello.

Me: I think yellow is my favorite skittle. I hope that doesn't make the other colors envious.

Skittles: I think they'll be fine. Somebody just called earlier complimenting red.

Me: Phew...I didn't want the skittles to fight for my affection.

Skittles: Don't worry. We make sure all our skittles are happy.

Me: Cool... ... ...Bye!

Skittles: Bye!

(Day 3)

Me: Hey...It's me.

Skittles: Hello

Me: I really like skittles.

Skittles: I've heard.

Me: Really? Did I tell you that?

Skittles: You did. The other day.

Me: Oh...well...yellow is my favorite.

Skittles: You told me that too.

Me: Oh...well...I love all my skittles.

Skittles: That's good.

Me: Sometimes I squish them together into a person shape and pretend I'm a people-eating monster and then eat my skittles.

Skittles: ...

Me: But...uh...I only did that once...when my friend was visiting and he told me to do it because it was fun...I didn't just do it before I called or anything.

Skittles: Uh huh.

Me: I have to go.

Skittles: Yes you do.

And that is exactly what happened the last three days! I recorded all three of the conversations. I can't wait to find out what happens today! I love the skittles people. They're so nice to me. And they talk to me on the phone.

This was one really long blog. I'm sorry my conversations are so wordy. Next time I'll try to talk less. But those skittles people can be chatty, you know?

I'm off to eat my skittles...like a monster. Roar!

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: