Thursday, August 14, 2008

days of sugar past

I think this will wrap up my days in Myrtle Beach. Here's a mix of a few fun things that are worth mentioning about my trip.

I stayed at a hotel with an "Ocean Fro." It's true. I have pictures to prove it. I think that's what happens when the ocean breeze blows your hair up all day. It's called "ocean fro" and my hotel wanted to let you know that it was their specialty.

I think it was their specialty because I blew up their hair dryer. Though, it's entirely possible that my hair looked so hot that when I tried to use the hair dryer that my immense hair-hotness radiated to the hair dryer and blew it up. I'm not sure of the science behind it all, but when my hair looks good, it's like a microwave and heats stuff up that is too close. It's very dangerous. You should wear those metal bibs the dentist has when I'm having a good hair day. Luckily, I don't have a lot of good hair days.

One of the mornings, after getting my ocean fro, I had pancakes. Not just any pancakes, but Uncle John's pancakes. Uncle John is a brilliant pancakisist because he'll put candy in the pancake batter. No joke. I had peanut butter cup pancakes with m&ms in them. Yep. It had chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and m&ms mixed into it. There were a ton of other candy choices, but I didn't want to go too crazy.

Finally, Myrtle Beach has these great shopping areas. They're kinda like strip malls, but more fancy for the tourists. One of them had a place called "It'sugar" which was a HUGE candy store. They had a TON of candy and a few things even I hadn't seen before. Like gummy butterflies. They are good. They also had crunchy gummy worms. They sound gross, but they are oh-so fantastic. They're like gummy worms with nerds on them. It's like you're eating a crunchy worm. So good.

And, one of the shopping areas had Dr. Root Beer's Hall of Foam. And what does Dr. Root Beer prescribe? No...not plomox. He actually prescribes root beer! And if your daily intake of root beer isn't enough, he'll up the prescription to a root beer float. If Dr. Root Beer were around here, I would totally make him my primary care physician.

Me: What's up Doc?

Dr. R.B.: Stick out your tongue and say ahhh.

Me: ...

Dr. R.B.: Oh! Sorry! Drink this root beer first!

Me: glug, glug, glug....Ahhhhh!!!

Dr. R.B.: You're in perfect health! But, just in case, take a six pack of root beer and call me in the morning.

Me: Will do!

He's the best. Always caring about his patients.

Well, that pretty much all I have for the beach and stuff. I did have some more vacation, but it's a little different, that will written about tomorrow.

I'm off to make an appointment with my doctor. I'm feeling a little un-root beer-ish

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: