Monday, August 11, 2008

super summer special

Hi. I'm back from vacation. Did you miss me? Awww...that's sweet. Big Hug!

So...yeah...I'm not sure how I want to describe my vacation. I figured it would take a long time and I'm not sure how many people actually care about my summer vacation. You wanna hear about it? Ok...fine...I'll tell you ALL about it, but it might take a few days. That's ok? Sweet.

So, first and foremost! I was actually asked, in person, about my swimsuit and flip flops. I got a black swimsuit and Corona flip flops. Cool, right? Yeah...me and a corona...on my feet...sweet. I don't actually drink, so I THINK it's cool to have a Corona on the beach. I swear they have commercials with stuff like that. They have a lime or a lemon on the top? Maybe? Could be a carrot...I don't really pay attention. So...yeah...basically, I was cool...for the one day that I actually went to the beach.

Anyway, I got to Myrtle Beach and on the first day I went to the Hard Rock Park. It was so cool because NOBODY was there. No wait for any of the rides. If you go, check out the Led Zepplin ride. It's awesome.

After a few times on the Zepplin, I played a LOT of DDR (dance, dance revolution). I stunk. Like, smell-wise. It was hot and humid there and jumping around for an hour did NOT help my smell.

OH! In the arcade, they also have an electric chair. No kidding. You sit in this wooden chair with two metal handles sticking up. You grab hold of them, put your tokens in, and get shocked! Ok, so not shocked like "electricity" but the handles shake REALLY fast and make your hands tingle. It was tingle-riffic. I miss the tingle. I like the word tingle.

Finally, they have a candy store called "I WANT CANDY" which was cool because I actually did want candy! It's like they were in my head! Oddly enough, there were a lot of candy stores in Myrtle Beach, but I'll tell you more about them later.

I did get some new gummy candy I hadn't seen before. Gummy octopuses (octopi? mmm...that sounds like eight pies...I like that idea) are good. Gummy clown fish are also good. Sour S'ghetti...also good. That's just the start of my candy excitement. Just wait for the rest of it! Oh...you'll LOVE one of the last ones...I almost want to tell you about it now...nah, I'll wait.

OOOOOH!!!! I almost forgot about the greatest thing at Hard Rock Park. The "Child Swap" cages. Yes. At the point where you get onto the big rides, they have a barred off area with a sign that says "child swap". I didn't actually ask anybody, but I think it's so you can leave your child there, go on the ride, and then pick out a BRAND NEW child. What a great idea! It's like a pot luck with kids! You could get a great new son or daughter, BUT you risk getting a brat. What fun! I think the Holyoke mall should try this. People would love it. Maybe you could bring some stale bread and throw it into the cage to feed them. I know ducks love that...kids aren't too different...they make noises and waddle and stuff.

That's just the beginning of my adventure. Some things coming up this week include candy, pancakes, candy pancakes and helmets. So come back and wear head protection. It'll be a wild ride.

I'm off to bring some bread to the child swap.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: