Tuesday, July 1, 2008

canucklehead

Happy Canada Day! Did you know Canadians have fireworks going on today? Yeah...don't worry...if you hear some booms up there, they aren't attacking us.

Did you know Wolverine is Canadian? Yeah...the Hugh Jackman guy from X-Men. He's awesome. Probably the best thing to come out of Canada. He has claws... they are rad...

Anyways, I found this list for all you folks who wonder what it means to be Canadian. Wolverine is not on it.

http://101things.ca/list.php

Canadians voted on what made them what they are. Some of the things make sense like the Maple Leaf (it's on their flag) and Snow (because it doesn't stop snowing there).

Other things don't make sense to us Americans. I will try to explain them to you.

Tim Hortons: This guy Tim says "eh" all the time, so they figure he's pretty Canadian. I think he drinks a lot of coffee too...Canadian coffee.

Space Exploration: Most people would not think of Canada when it comes to space exploration, but they are actually closer to space than we are. If you go up to Canada and then keep going up, you'll hit the moon. I've done it. It hurts.

Moose / Caribou: These are mythical creatures that Canadians believe are real. No Canadian has ever been able to prove their existence, but they'll keep talking about "moose this" and "caribou that".

Celine Dion: You may have heard of her. She's actually Canadian; even though she wishes she was from America. I mean, she has a Las Vegas show. And it's not even in a Canadian-themed hotel. She's a traitor.

Finally, there are some things on the list that even I, a near-genius, cannot explain.

Bluenose: What is that? Is that supposed to mean it's cold up there? Is it a type of dolphin? I have no idea.

Banff National Park: What kind of word is Banff, anyway? That sounds like a comic book word. So...I guess I like it.

Wilderness: I don't even want to know what that is. I just don't like the sound of it. Sounds like something without tv. Not good.

I'm off to Ottawa.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: