Thursday, July 31, 2008

i'm not quite aquaman

I think women complain about swimsuit shopping a lot. Not to make a stereotype, but that's what I hear. I don't really know. I tend not to listen. Oh, not just when a woman is talking about shopping, but about most everything. I don't even listen to myself half the time. I don't even pay attention when I'm writing my blog. That's why, so far, this post is going nowhere.

So, I have to buy a swimsuit. I am not sure what to do about this. I haven't worn a swimsuit in at least 10 years. That means I probably haven't bought one for about 12 years.

I don't really go swimming. Unfortunately, I'm going on vacation and there will be a beach there. With water and stuff. I know I'll be going on some sort of water-riding machine to see dolphins. I may also have to get flip-flops of some kind. It seems that if I go in shorts and sneakers, I'll be wet and uncomfortable all day.

I have the same problem with oceans that I do with snow. It's cold and wet. I'm not a huge fan of cold and wet. What's worse in the summer is that I have to take my shirt off. Nobody wants to see that. It's not safe for the faint of heart.

Do they still make those swimsuits like they did in the 20's? You know what I mean? They're like overalls. The legs go down to the ankles and they have shoulder straps. I could get down in that. I'm sure other beach-folk would be happier if I wore one of those, too.

And don't even get me started on flip-flops. I wear sneakers. I'm a little scared to wear flip-flops. There's nothing keeping those things on my feet! They're just flippin and floppin around! I don't know how people wear them without falling over!

I'll let you know how it goes because I'm sure this is the most exciting thing you've read in years...yeah...

I'm off to find a swimsuit...wish me luck.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: