Tuesday, January 18, 2011

even superheroes have to do taxes

Did you ever dream about doing your taxes?  Sounds boring, right? 

Not if you are a SUPERHERO!

I had a dream that I was Green Arrow.  You know him.  He wears all green.  Has a quiver with fancy arrows in it.  That sort of thing. 

So, I was Green Arrow and I was going to get my taxes done.  For some reason, my tax preparer was a fifth-grade teacher.  And apparently does taxes during school hours. 

I walk into the classroom.  With a quiver on my back.  In all green.  And the tax-lady started punching numbers.  The kids just sat there and stared.

That was my dream.  I wish I could say it was more exciting.  It was not.  Tax-Lady is not meant to be an evil name.  More of a job title.

Yeah...sometimes I should really think twice about what I'm writing.  I mean, nothing happened.  No battle with arrows for taxes.  Just...gettin' the ol' taxes done. 

Maybe I woke up before the awesome stuff happened.  Like the evil zombie, vampire robots attacking the school.

We'll go with that.

That's what you should learn today.  Don't wake up too early.  You miss all the good parts of tax preparation.

I'm off to fall back asleep.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: