Monday, October 18, 2010

carmenbot 2000 vs. die fledermausotronic 4.0: the siegfried processor

Now that I just spent an hour trying to come up with a clever title, I can get to the story.

The people at MIT have decided that operas are boring. And they are correct!

To make the opera more exciting, they are adding robots! Now THAT is something worth seeing!

"Death and the Powers" is an opera about something that happens. But more importantly, it has robots! And when there are robots, you just KNOW there have to be lasers!

And possibly something that transforms into a car! That would be awesome.

Tod Machover is the composer and head of the Hyperinstruments lab at MIT. What's a hyperinstrument? Well, that's kinda hard to explain, but basically, you take an instrument and put the word hyper in front of it. Then yell what it is. That should work.

Like this: "I have a HYPERVIOLIN!"

Not hyper enough for you? Try this: "HYPERTUBA!"

Oh, and add lasers to the instrument. That should give it more hyperocity. Yeah...do that...

I guess they are going on tour with the show. A HYPERTOUR! You should go see it. But wear laser-blocking clothes. You don't want to get shot.

I'm off to play my HYPERPICCOLO!

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No you don't make sense. I see lasers not in the show anymore. They kept the robots.