Wednesday, June 16, 2010

hid

I bought a new mouse for my computer. It's pretty sweet. The pointer moves and everything. It's a little loud on the click, but the spinning wheel part is totally silent. It's nice.

I plugged it into my computer and a little message popped up letting me know that I was connected. It called the mouse a "human interface device." I had no idea! I mean, that's kinda what it is, but I don't remember ever seeing that message before!

It sounds so sterile. Where's the love? Where's the romance? Why can't it say something sweet like, "Mouse now connected, feel free to caress the screen." Or maybe, "New hardware found. Mouse and computer are now sharing time together as one."

I would like that. Maybe I should light a candle next time I hook something up to my computer. I could put out some flower petals. Put on some Barry White. Make a night of it.

Or maybe I should just not worry about it and go on with my life. But THAT is just so unBarry!

I'm off to hook up my mouse.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: