Wednesday, June 2, 2010

going home

I was thinking about my old home the other day. My family has all moved away and the house now belongs to somebody else. I was thinking about it because I know somebody who moved to that area and they were actually looking at houses in Franklin, the town where I grew up!

I know some people move around a lot, but I did not. I was in the same house for 20 years. That's a long time! Am I allowed to go back and visit? Do I have any legal right to hang out in my old room even though it belongs to some new kid now?

I really want to go back and say hello. I just want to see what it looks like. Has anybody ever gone back to an old home and met the new tenants?

Do you think they would let me play in the yard? Maybe grab a skateboard and ride up and down the driveway? If they have kids, could we play Lazer Tag?

I'm not talking about those places you play inside, but that one with the guns and sensors from the 80's. Remember that? That was cool. I used to play at night. I don't remember it working too well, but I do remember running around a lot and shooting people.

That part was fun. I think I left my Lazer Tag stuff in that house. I hope they kept it. I also hope they kept my Nerf guns because I kinda want those back.

I'm off to find some lazer guns.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: